Saturday, January 6, 2018

Goals for 2018

I enjoy having some time at the beginning of the year to reflect on the past year (hence all the top 10 of 2017 posts) and to organize (in my head) and think about what is coming up the current new year, as well as a couple of things I would like to add to the new year: accomplishments or goals.

Most of my goals are "roll overs" from last year, because they are good goals I will probably always want to continue in my life. For the past couple of years, I have divided my goals under the different rolls that I fulfill: Woman (personal, spiritual, and physical), Wife, Mother, and Missionary. I also like to have a yearly verse, and a yearly word (which I haven't thought of yet this year, so I left it blank).

My lovely husband also took time to talk with me about his goals, and our goals together in life and ministry: it isn't his favorite thing to do, but it ended up blessing us both. Just to give you an idea, here are my goals for 2018:

As a Woman:
1.       Personal: know myself
a.       Blog once a week (Sunday Funday)
b.      Have a book (or kindle) always available
c.       Publish a book (stories, Bible, ABC missions)
d.      Have some kind of fun project on hand to do
e.      Look into moving to a place with yard/garage
2.       Spiritual: intimate connection with God and my heart
a.       Morning Moment with God (reading Bible)
b.      Once a week family worship time
c.       Sunday Family Prayer time
3.       Physical: strong with energy to thrive not survive
a.       Continue to drink more water and eat healthy
b.      Jan-February: walk/home video, Mar-June: work up to 4 classes a week
c.       July- Dec: weightlifting 4 times a week (2 leg days), 45 minutes each
As a Wife:
a.       Every other week Date night (check out with Kirbys/Turners playdates)
b.      Focus on him in the evenings after kids are asleep
c.       Plan and make healthy meals
d.      Keep the house clean and light
e.      Deep clean the house once a week
As a Mom:
a.       Daily Snapchat/appreciate my daughters time (each one)
b.      Weekly Sunday family phone calls
c.       2girlsncurls Instagram updated, and learning more hairstyles
d.      Ana: finish potty training, doing well at school, training with many different “tools”
e.      Jessica: breastfeed, keep up baby book
As a Missionary:
a.       Vlog once a week
b.      Upkeep LS and FMF websites and e-newsletters (monthly)
c.       End of and beginning of the month finance for LS and FMF reports
d.      World Help paperwork done timely and well
e.      Trek for Transportation done well
f.        20 year of LS celebration book/promotional stuff done well
g.       Teach well at the International school
h.      Do taxes (refund is saving for house)
i.         March/April: Joy, Easter, Friends? 
j.        June/July: STMT

k.       Ready to return to USA in December: plan meetings, presentations, presents…

1 comment:

  1. I really loved the idea of having these goals for the year, specially the yearly word and the yearly verse. I will copy the idea for me as well! And also, I liked your goals, rachel... I thought them very inspiring. I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete